Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First word?

Zack has been saying Mam. He has been saying it kind of indiscriminately for a while, and usually it just means "I need something" and since the something he usually needs is from me, he says it to/about me. And he usually babbles it: "Mamamamamam." But today he was using it in a more intentional, discriminate way. He was in his seat while I was cooking, and when he needed something (toy retrieval, more snack Os, more water, attention for a minute) he was saying "Mam" once, directly to me, in a different tone than his usual babbling to himself, and he was saying it before he got frustrated, and each time I responded right away, I got a big smile. I don't know if it quite counts as a word yet, but it's getting closer. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment